How is the weather in June in Athens
The weather in Athens in June is full of sunshine, without rain and without clouds. For the most part of June you can enjoy yourself, wherever you go, without having to worry about how to dress or what distance to travel, because the weather in June is great for swimming, sunbathing, eating, out anywhere, anytime.
Due to the sunny weather in Athens, sport activities are very big in Greece: sailing, wind surfing, jet skiing, horseback riding, or just nature walking are some of the highlights, thanks to the warm weather. Another super experience is hand gliding, due to the proper weather, the wind in June allows you to enjoy this sport to the fullest.
Temperatures in Athens in June:
- Average High temperature in June: 79F (26c)
- Average Low temperature in June: 68F (21c)
What to wear in Athens in June:
- Pack summer shorts, sandals, T shirts, tank tops
- Pack bathing suits, sun glasses, lots of summer blouses, cause in the warm weather we all tend to sweat more often
- Pack beach towels, walking shoes, capri shorts and bright colours, which look great under the bright sunny weather in Athens in June
- Pack cool cotton dresses, and shirts, that allow your skin to breathe under the hotter noon weather conditions
- A good idea is to not pack strong cologne, or after shave, because during the noon hours, when the sun is at its highest position, fragrances tend to become much stronger than usual
Things to see and do in June in Athens and nearby destinations
Athens in June, is famous for sunny weather, which makes exploring the city, a great experience. As travelers visit the downtown area they notice much warmer temperatures, and drier climate. Apart from the numerous shops, restaurants, and ancient sites, Athenians are well known for their hospitality, and friendliness.
The weather in June, downtown makes visitors, and locals to drink plenty of water, and other refreshing liquids, to keep cool because this is one of the most ancient cities in the world, and the rock and marble used to construct some of the older buildings, allows for the downtown area to become very warm.
- Visit the Corinth Canal at Corinth, a province about 45 minutes from Athens
- Visit the temple of Apollo at Ancient Corinth, and have a superb meal Nikos Gemelos restaurant. Enjoy your lunch as well at Marinos restaurant
- Visit Loutraki, which is a tourist friendly seaside destination with many seafood restaurants. Have a filling and inexpensive meal at Maistrali restaurant , or Giannis restaurant.
- Loutraki is famous for the Poseidon Hotel and the Loutraki Casino
- Visit the oldest and first province of Greece, Nafplion. Enjoy the view from Palamidi, and experience the fresh breezy weather, from this high point of the city, and have a look at Bourtzi.
The fort of Bourtzi is the symbol of the city of Nafplion and it is a huge fort located in the middle of the sea, where executioners of the 1800′s escaped to, for many days, so the local people could not reach them
- The weather in June is a warm, sunny experience, and allows for many interesting sites to explore, as well as turquoise and baby blue water to swim in. The beaches in Athens are very hot, and sun tan lotion, is a great necessity, wherever you go. Walking on the beach with sandals, is a good idea
- Visit the most glamorous and exquisite beach of the Attica area, located just out of Athens, called the Astir Beach or Vouliagmeni beach Here you will feel like you are in Paradise. The high quality, of beach shops and food area, is tremendous. Bring along rackets, to play racket ball. Don’t forget to try the boat water mobile, enjoy the warm sun and feel the cool water.
The weather in June, in Athens and the nearby areas, allows for a trip including sunshine, sunbathing, various summer sports, and super Mediterranean climate, you will never want to forget.Weather forecast for Athens, Greece
More info about Weather in Athens
- Weather in Athens in January
- Weather in Athens in February
- Weather in Athens in March
- Weather in Athens in April
- Weather in Athens in May
- Weather in Athens in June
- Weather in Athens in July
- Weather in Athens in August
- Weather in Athens in September
- Weather in Athens in October
- Weather in Athens in November
- Weather in Athens in December