Private taxi tour to Sparta and Mystras
Our 2-day private Sparta and Mystras tour will take you from Athens to the historical city of Sparta, in the heart of the Peloponnese Peninsula, and the Fortress State of Mystras, one of the most significant landmarks of the Byzantine Era in Greece.
Itinerary of the Sparta – Mystras Tour
Day 1: from Athens to Corinth and Sparta
Your taxi will fare forth from your hotel in Athens around 8 am and will drive you westwards, along the wonderful coast of Athens to the infamous Corinth Canal with the stunning views to the sea.
After a short stop at the Corinth Canal for photos, we will continue to the archaeological site of Corinth, one of the most important and influential towns in Ancient Greece. The remains in Corinth denote its role as one of the major powers in Greece.
We will arrive in Corinth around 9 am and you will have plenty of time to admire the ancient Agora, the Temple of God Apollo and the ancient port of Kechreai, known due to St Paul, who came to Corinth to preach the word of God.
After the short stop at Corinth, your private tour will take the way towards the renowned city of Sparta and we will arrive there around 11 am. We will head to the hotel to check in and rest for a while, and then we will be visiting the site of Mystras.
What you will see in Mystras
Following the road from Sparta, your taxi will drive you through fields and hills with plane trees, mulberries and cypresses to reach Mystras, with the impressive Mt Taygetos standing in the background.
Mystras is known due to its Byzantine and Medieval glory, with the fortress of impeccable power and beauty, which we will be visiting during our private tour in the area.
After the 2-3 hour long visit in Mystras, we will return to Sparta to dine and spend the night.
Day 2: Sparta – Athens
Our Sparta – Mystras taxi tour will take you to the archaeological site of Sparta, which is a little off the center of the town. There you will visit the Archaeological Museum of Sparta, a reminiscent of the glorious past of the city-state.
Our private tour will continue with the visit to the stunning cave of Diros, one of the most important and spectacular sites in Greece, with the Paleolithic and Neolithic findings. We will enter the boat to explore the cave lake of Diros and admire the millions of stalagmites and stalactites in the cave complex.
After the visit to Diros Cave, our private tour will head back towards Athens, passing by the lovely rural area of Areopolis, and the towns of Mani and Kalamata, two hospitable and nice towns in the Peloponnese, where we will also stop for lunch. Athens Taxi will bring you to your hotel inAthens at 6pm approximately.
Timetable of our taxi tour to Sparta and Mystras
Departure from Athens around 8 am. The time of departure for the 2- day private tour to Sparta – Mystras is flexible, although it is always recommended to begin the tour at the scheduled time, so that you will have the chance to enjoy the several sites with ease and convenience.
During summer months it is better to start with the Sparta – Mystras tour as early as possible, to avoid heat and make the most out of the day and your private tour.
Athens Taxi is able to fully customize the tour, according to your requirements and preferences. You can contact us at any time prior or upon your arrival to personalize your private sightseeing tour to Sparta and Mystras.
What does the 2 day taxi tour to Sparta – Mystras include
- Transportation of 1-4 people with taxi from Athens to Sparta and Mystras and return back to base.
- An English speaking driver
- Refreshments onboard.
What is not included in the 2 day tour to Sparta – Mystras with Athens Taxi
- The entrance to the site of Mystras and the Archeological Museum of Sparta
- A guided tour in the archaeological site. The taxi driver is not a guide; therefore, according to the Greek laws he cannot accompany you in the archaeological sites or museums. There are licensed guides who cooperate with us and we can arrange a private guided tour at an additional charge.
- In the case that the group consists of more than 4 people, we can arrange a 2 day private tour to Sparta and Mystras: If the group consists of 4-5 people then you can go to Sparta with a minivan or stretch limo for maximum luxury. There is also a mini bus for 7-15 people. The tour to Sparta and Mystras with minibus is a great choice for groups from 7-15 people. There is the chance for private guided tour at an additional charge. In the case of large groups up to 50 people, there are tour buses available, accompanied by a licensed guide. The guide fee is included in the price.