Greek cuisine is famous worldwide, due to its variety and amazing tastes.
Restaurants and tavernas in Greece cater all flavors, while a vast variety of fusion cuisine is available everywhere.
Some of the most known Greek dishes are:
- Dolmades, stuffed vine leaves,
- Moussaka, eggplants with minced meat, cinnamon olive oil and wine,
- Souvlaki, spit roasted meat in pita bread with tomato and tzatziki,
- Horiatiki, the famous Greek Salad, and
- Fresh fish or seafood in all possible variations and mixtures with herbs and spices.
Greeks like drinking a lot; the traditional drinks of Greece are:
- ouzo, a fiery spirit made of distilled grapes and anise,
- retsina, a variation of wine with pine resin
- raki, the sharp drink of Crete
- tsipouro, similar to raki but with a strong flavor of anice. Tsipouro is produced in Northern Greece.
- Greece is a much known wine producing country, featuring some of the best European wines, both red and white.