Full day private taxi tour from Athens to Delphi
Our full-day private Delphi tour will take you to the town of Delphi and its famous archaeological site, one of the most significant areas of the antiquity and one of the landmarks of Greece.
Itinerary of our Delphi tour
Our Delphi tour will start around 8 am. We will take off from Athens and we will drive though the fertile plains of Voiotia, passing by the Monastery of St Loukas, the ancient city of Theves and the renowned ski centre and traditional village of Arachova.
After a short stop at this resort village built on the slopes of Mount Parnassos, our private tour will continue taking you to Delphi, which is located a few kilometers away.
What you will see in Delphi
In Delphi you will visit the Temple of Apollo, where the treasure of Athens was situated. The Museum of Delphi is an absolute must see, featuring the statue of athlete Aghias and the impressive statue of Iniochos , the Bronze Charioteer.
In the archaeological site of Delphi you will also see the springs of Castallia, known for offering eternal youth, and the sanctuary of Athena Pronaia, the Goddess Protector of Athens.
The Sanctuary of Apollo in Delphi was a unique spot in the ancient years, as the Oracle Pythia lived there; famous for its ambiguous prophecies, she advised all kings and individuals who were asking for her help.
Delphi was also known as the centre of the ancient world – the Navel (Omphalos) of the Earth is situated here.
Timetable of our Delphi tour
Departure from Athens between 7:30 – 9:00 am . Time of departure is flexible but the earlier we begin our tour the more time you will have to admire the archaeological site of Delphi.
Especially during the summer months from June to August, we suggest our clients to start with their excursion in Delphi as early as possible in order to end their walk at the archaeological site by 2pm, when heat is more intense.
Arrival at the monastery of Saint Loukas around 10 am and short stop to admire the lovely Byzantine monastery.
Arrival at Arachova 11am. Arachova is a beautiful village that maintains its traditional architecture. If you wish we can make a short stop here to walk in the narrow streets and take some pictures. Alternatively, the visit to Arachova can take place when returning from Delphi to Athens.
Arrival at Delphi 11:30 am – 12 noon. Time of arrival depends on the time spent at the monastery of St Lukas and Arachova. We will stay at Delphi for three hours approximately, so that you have enough time to walk around the archaeological site, the museum of Delphi and the streets of the villages.
Return to Athens. After enjoying a tasteful lunch in the town of Delphi, we will leave around 3pm or shortly afterwards, if you wish to stay more in Delphi.
Your taxi driver will take you back to your hotel in Athens around 5 – 6 pm, making sure that your private tour and ride is safe, enjoyable and absolutely comfortable.
What does the Delphi tour include?
- Transportation of 1-4 people with taxi from Athens to Delphi and return back to base.
- An English speaking driver
- The visit to St Loukas monastery, which is not included in the bus tours to Delphi.
- Refreshments onboard.
What is not included in the tour to Delphi:
- The entrance to the archaeological site of Delphi and the Monastery of St Lukas
- Guided tour in the archaeological site. The taxi driver is not a guide therefore, according to the Greek laws he cannot accompany you to the archaeological sites or museums. We have guides who work with us and we can arrange a private tour at an additional charge.
- Are there tours to Delphi for more than 4 people?
- Yes, if there is a group of more than 4 people we can arrange a tour to Delphi:
- If the group consists of 4-5 people then you can go to Delphi with a minivan or stretch limo for maximum luxury. If you wish for a guide, we can arrange a private guided tour in Delphi.
- Mini bus for 7-15 people. The tour to Delphi with minibus is a great choice for groups from 7-15 people. There is the chance for private guided tour at an additional charge.
- With a bus for large groups up to 50 people, accompanied by a licensed guide. The guide fee is included in the price.
More Delphi tours
- 2- day tour to Delphi and Meteora, a visit to Delphi and Meteora (overnight stay), to admire the Byzantine monasteries built on top of the gigantic rocks.
- 4-day tour to Delphi. The tour includes a visit to Ancient Corinth, the Corinth Canal, Mycenae, Nafplion, Ancient Olympia, Delphi and Meteora.
- 7-days private tour in Greece
- 10-days private tour in Greece